Core Lab Privacy Statement - Europe
For Core Laboratories, and its group member companies, including but not limited to Core Laboratories N.V.
and Saybolt International B.V. (hereafter jointly: "Core Lab"), it is an essential goal to ensure that we protect
the information entrusted to us by our clients, our website visitors and all those with whom we communicate. At
Core Lab we are committed to upholding the highest privacy and data protection standards. This is critical for the
maintenance of Core Lab's reputation and for meeting the extensive legal and regulatory requirements imposed on us.
We also believe it is important to be transparent when it comes to our information handling and we are committed
to fulfilling the requirements under the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and the exercise of your
rights thereunder. In this privacy statement we will use the terminology as defined in the GDPR. We will update
this privacy statement regularly in order to ensure ongoing compliance with the GDPR and further developments
and we advise that you check our website regularly for updates.
This privacy statement is mainly to inform you regarding the use of your personal data which is collected during your
visit to our website www.corelab.com. This privacy statement is not applicable to
any internet websites controlled by third parties not affiliated with the Core Lab group that this website may link to.
We assume no liability for the contents of such third party websites.
Controller and processor
Core Laboratories N.V, established in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, will be considered the controller. Core Lab has
appointed several processors to process personal data on its behalf and to act in accordance with the standards as required
under the GDPR for the purposes of providing you with our services as set out below.
Personal data collected
The personal data we process may include:
- Data related to your visit(s) on our website, data related to the devise you use to visit our website, and other information such as an IP-address;
- Basic information, such as your first (or initials) and last name, your title or position or the company you work for;
- Contact details, such as your postal address, e-mail address and telephone number(s) if you have submitted these to us by filling out a contact form on our website;
- Personal data relating to you that you provide to us regarding any job application through the website, such as your contact details, information regarding your job history;
- Personal data collected through cookies (see below in the Cookie section and in our Cookie Statement).
How do we obtain your personal data?
We obtain the personal data in the following situations:
- When you provide us with your personal data, or when you interact with us directly (by e-mail, telephone, letter or through a contact form on the website), for instance when you apply for a job or when you register for our newsletters or for other information about our company, products and services, including (press) releases.
- When we monitor our technology tools and services, including visits of our website and the e-mails which are sent to and from Core Lab and/or its group.
- As part of our business acceptance process, namely when you enter into an agreement with us.
As a general rule, Core Lab collects personal data directly from you (or the company you work for). However,
from time to time Core Lab may utilize services of third parties to collect personal data, e.g. through
publicly accessible sources and registers, such as public agencies or authorities or social media.
Purposes and legal grounds of personal data processing
We process personal data such as, for example, your name and contact details, for the following purposes:
- for the performance of the contractual relationship with our customers and/or to provide products or services requested by you;
- to comply with the legal obligations we are subject to in The Netherlands, or in other E.U. jurisdictions (for example know your customer obligations);
- for purposes of legitimate interests if these do not fall within the scope of the performance of a contract with you or pursuant to a legal obligation, provided you do not have an overriding privacy interest, including;
- to manage and administer our relationship with you;
- for direct marketing purposes, among others, to identify products and services you may be interested in, to optimise our products and services and to inform you through newsletters about our products and services. You will always have the option to opt-out of any such communications. If required by law, we will only use your personal data for those purposes upon your prior consent;
- to provide and improve our website by generating statistics regarding the use of the website;
- to handle your job application or subscription to any of our recruitment services or events;
- to perform (statistical) research;
- internal communications;
- provision of information to auditors and monitors;
- security of Core Lab's systems and worksites;
- legal claims.
- We may process your data for other specific purposes upon having obtained your consent (and if required explicit consent).
We only process your personal data for the above purposes and ensure that it is only available to
those people who have a legitimate need to know and who would require access to it.
At this time we do not process personal data via automated decision making nor do we engage in profiling.
is to make your visit to our website more pleasant and to obtain information on how the website is
used and to optimize it for our visitors. You may find more information about cookies in our
Using and sharing of personal data
We may share your personal data with i.a. below third parties or successors thereof:
- Core Lab group member companies, agents and service providers, as well as our legal representatives;
- Our auditors; only upon their request and provided the request has been submitted on legitimate grounds;
- The national data protection supervisory authorities; or
- Any competent courts or judiciary authorities pursuant to data protection disputes.
Disclosures to an entity as set out above may entail that we are required to transfer your information
to countries which do not meet the standard of having an adequate level of protection, including countries
such as The United States of America. In such case we have procedures designed and in place to ensure
compliance with the applicable data protection laws to protect your personal data. For transferring personal
data within the Core Lab group, the relevant group companies have entered into a data transfer agreement based
on the EC Standard Contractual Clauses. A copy of the EC Standard Contractual Clauses can be consulted on
How do we protect your personal data?
Core Lab has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data against loss or
against any form of unlawful processing.
We will only retain information about you for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was
collected. Your personal data will be retained in accordance with our retention policy. The retention period for
each category of personal data is based on applicable statutory requirements and the purpose for which the information
is collected and used.
Queries and other rights
Data subjects have rights under the GDPR regarding any personal data which we process, such as the right to access,
to correct, to remove, to restrict or object against the data processing and to export personal data (data portability).
If you have any questions, remarks or requests regarding the collection or use of your personal data or regarding
this privacy statement, please contact us here.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data please contact us here or file a complaint at the relevant supervisory authority which for The Netherlands is the