Health and Safety
The health and safety of our people is of utmost importance. We carefully assess and mitigate the risks of our business to protect the health, lives, and security of our employees and those around us, and to ensure everyone is aware of the environment in which they operate.
- Take a behavior-based approach to Health and Safety
- Engineer better solutions and improvements on our existing services and products
- Empower employees to make smart decisions
Providing a safe work environment, requires commitment from senior management to those in the field or on the shop floor.
It is our goal to eliminate injuries from the work environment. To achieve this goal, we concentrate our efforts on the following areas:
- Training and education
- Zero incident culture
- Systematically identifying, addressing, and following up on risks.
In 2022, Core Laboratories recorded a Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) of 0.31 and a Lost Time Incident Rate (LTIR) of 0.10, down slightly from previous years.
Core Lab establishes goals and targets based on three-year averages because it is our view that:
- The sustainability of our safety program must be measured over longer periods of time, and
- High-performance safety cultures display solid downward trends in injury rates over time.
- This provides a more stable and measurable LTIR and TRIR.
Trends for both LTIR and TRIR continue to move toward growing sustainable safety cultures within business segments. Core Lab goals are met with the expectation of driving down these averages in 2023.